* At Securian Financial, the internal job title for this position is Business Operations Sr. Analyst.Summary:
The candidate chosen for this opportunity will be responsible for assisting in the ongoing management of a $6 billion commercial real estate loan portfolio. They will contribute to the overall success of the commercial mortgage loan department, and work closely with the Manager of Commercial Mortgage Investments in the day-to-day management of the portfolio.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Commercial Loan Portfolio Servicing:
- Works with Manager, Mortgage Loan Investments to effectively monitor a large and growing commercial loan portfolio.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of existing holdings and participates in monthly portfolio review.
- Performs annual insurance review.
- Performs analysis and responds to correspondents on loan requests.
- Works with internal legal team as the business owner to collaboratively resolve requests. Engages others on the CML team when appropriate.
- Manages special escrow releases and assures proper documentation and that monies are spent as intended.
- Performs mortgage loan portfolio analysis, reviews annual loan submissions and compiles financial metrics for evaluation. Maintains accurate and up-to-date system data pertaining to debt coverage ratios and loan to value measurements.
- Calculates make whole provisions as prescribed in the legal documents.
- Aggressively pursues collection of late payments, payment of delinquent property taxes and evidence of required insurance coverage utilizing correspondent network. Makes recommendations to management for further action on loans that are out of compliance.
- Monitors loans pending maturity and reviews and approves loan payoff statements.
- Monitors correspondent servicing network, gathers and reviews annual financial statements and required compliance documents.
- Interfaces with correspondent relationships and external investors, maintaining a high level of professional service.
- Performs various auditing and accounting requests.
Supports department and corporate initiatives:
- Serves on working groups and committees as necessary and assists in developing products and processes that will benefit our clients.
- Actively works with portfolio manager, manager, production officers, mortgage analysts, and loan closers on a growing commercial loan portfolio in an ever changing environment.
- Collaborates with operations and management on new product development.
- Develops and implements industry best practices for transaction closings and ongoing asset surveillance.
- Manages change by fostering an environment that promotes creative ideas and solutions.
- Supports technology and modernization efforts by participating in projects and making recommendations that will best support our business and processes.
- Seeks networking and educational opportunities that will promote excellent service and growth.
Physical Job Requirements
- Five or more years' experience in commercial real estate lending (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to extract and analyze critical information from technical reports and loan documentation.
- Organizational and project management skills to work under pressure, prioritize competing deadlines and make independent decisions in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong math, analytical and critical thinking skills to handle complex investment transactions.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to establish and maintain effective interaction with internal and external partners.
- Ability to understand and explain legal and financial concepts and translate data to multiple systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Salesforce.com, Box.com (preferred).
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for 2-4 hours per day
- Ability to communicate clearly in emergency situations (with police, firefighters, P/A announcements, etc.)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at EmployeeRelations@securian.com.
To view our privacy statement click
To view our legal statement click
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.