Chief Executive Office
Responsible for establishing a company's goals and strategies and presiding over the entire workforce. Oversees budgets and ensures resources are properly allocated. Ensures departments meet individual goals. Responsible for overall accountability to shareholders and the general public.
- Oversee all other executives and staff within the organization.
- Meet with board of directors and other executives to determine if company is in accordance with goals and policies.
- Oversee budgets.
- Nominate citizens to boards and commissions.
- Encourage business investment.
- Promote economic development within communities.
- Direct the organization's financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Implement the organization's guidelines on a day-to-day basis.
- Preside over quality control.
- Hire, train, and terminate employees.
- Develop and implement strategies and set the overall direction of a certain area of the company or organization.
- Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks, supervise cash management activities, execute capital-raising strategies to support a firm's expansion, and deal with mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the organization.
- Collaborate with the board of directors to develop the policies and direction of the organization.
- Ensure members of the Board of Directors have the information necessary to perform their fiduciary duties and other governance responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and government officials that are in the best interest of the company.
- Provide adequate and timely information to the Board to enable it to effectively execute its oversight role.
- Direct staff, including organizational structure, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures.